Pages

Friday 13 December 2013

Green Mama: Reusable Breast Pads

When I was pregnant, I thought a lot about my breasts leaking once I was breastfeeding. I bought a few kinds of reuseable breast pads to try out and honestly, after a few weeks I wasn't using them anymore. It did take me past the 6 week mark for my body to make the right amount of milk (I was an over-producer), and as such, leaky breasts were part of my life. At night the engorgement was so bad that I couldn't use reuseable pads or else I would have sopping wet cloth next to my skin. For a while I had to use disposable pads. Then, as my supply started to regulate itself, I switched to just using a breast pad when I was nursing to account for the let down.

Now I have a bunch of pads, some round, some heart shaped (I don't know why), around my house that I find in weird places. They do make good coasters though.

One thing I learned is that I hate the kind with the really soft fuzzy lining. That shit sticks to my nipples once they get wet! Ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment