Pages

Thursday 18 July 2013

Green Baby

One of the ideas for this blog is to create inspiration for ways to incorporate low impact solutions without being overwhelmed. I do plan to cloth diaper, but I have a stash of disposables to start. After all, if I expect myself to perfectly be able to use cloth diapers on an infant when I've never even changed a diaper, aren't I a little crazy? No new mom needs that pressure. I try to live as green as possible but I draw the line when it causes me a great amount of stress. I am one person trying to use less, this does not make me perfect.

When we are stressed, we tend to revert to what we know, and I grew up with a typical north american diet and attitude. This makes Kraft Dinner comforting to me, and that will probably never stop. My goal is to make myself get used to more sustainable foods, products, and practices over time so that they go from making a stressful situation worse to calming my mind with routine during stressful times. My ultimate goal is to raise my child with more of these sustainable and healthy habits so that as they grow up, their default behaviours are less destructive to their bodies and the planet.

So I occasionally will use a lip product that has lead and parabins in it, but most of my makeup collection is free from those kind of chemicals. It's okay to not be perfect, it just means you're human.

No comments:

Post a Comment