Pages

Wednesday 24 July 2013

Product Review: Ella's Botanicals Lavender Bubblemania

Bottle of bubble bath from our bathroom
Bubblemania
Ella's Botanicals has been one of my favourite Toronto companies for a few years. It all started when I became addicted to the chai latte soap...but that's another story. I thought it couldn't get better, but then Ella announced that she was refocusing her line because she had found that in order to continue with the large distribution channels she was working with, the quality had gone down from the original product. In a very bold move, she decided to get away from distributors and force retailers to buy directly from her. This raised the cost of the product, but also the quality of the ingredients. You can read more about this here.

I was looking for a bubble bath with no SLS and other nasties. Problem is, those nasties are what make soap foam. This bubble bath produces a soft, fine foam when you run it in the bath. I find I can get quite a few uses from this bottle, though I didn't exactly count last time. I'd say at least 10 adult baths, which is good considering it retails for $18 on the Ella's Botanicals website. If you follow the company on facebook or twitter though, you'll find there are regular sales. It is also a little less expensive where I got mine at the Big Carrot for around $15. It's from the baby line, so if you're using it for a baby (and it can be used as a body wash and shampoo as well) then it would probably last even longer. I do intend on using it with my baby, but let's not pretend the adults in this house don't like bubbles.

The scent is a pretty strong lavender smell that comes from using lavender essential oil. The only thing I would change about this product is that I would like to see an unscented version available. It's not going to foam up like the bubbles I had as a kid, but my baby won't know what Johnson and Johnson even is, so it likely won't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment